When If you are a proud Samsung Galaxy Note II owner and have always desired to customize and modify your Galaxy Note II, we are here to help you out. Check out our Note II Guide series meant to help you personalize your Note II.
- How to Root Samsung Galaxy Note II
- How to install Clockworkmod Recovery on Samsung Galaxy Note II
- How to Update Samsung Galaxy Note II to Android 4.2.2
Waiting for official Android upgrades is not something is not what an Android geek prefers, he scounders the internet for Custom ROMs already running on the latest Android version and flashes it on his phone. If you reached here scoundering for the same thing, you won’t be disappointed. By following the simple steps we are gonna provide later in this article, you will be proudly running the latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on your Galaxy Note II. Note II users don’t need a custom rom to boost performance – I have hardly seen any lag on a Note II – they need them to get awesome new features, some lifted from other phone, some that are exclusive to particular custom roms. Like, say, Paranoid rom allows user to run apps at specific DPIs allowing you to run Chrome in tablet mode while the Clock still runs in phablet mode.
Before you proceed:
+ Backup all your data that you won’t want to loose. Flashing a custom rom will format all your partitions except the internal sd card, and of course the external sd card. Titanium Backup is a really good app for this job.
+ Root your Samsung Galaxy Note II using the guide linked at the start of the article.
+ Charge your phone sufficiently before starting with the ritual.
Update Samsung Galaxy Note II to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean:
- Download Samsung Galaxy Note II’s Android 4.2 based custom ROM, we are using PacMan rom in this guide, but you are fee to find and install any rom of your choice all of which should work fine with this guide.
- An optional download is of Google Apps. Most custom roms don’t have google apps pre-installed, so as to make the rom more compact and for other few reasons, which aren’t a part of what we are discussing right now.
- Transfer both the files you downloaded above to your device’s sd card.
- Make sure that you have flashed clockworkmod recovery on you device, you can do that by using the guide mentioned at the beginning.
- Switch off your device. Press Volume Up + Volume Down + Power button, keep them pressed till you boot in to recovery mode.
- Scroll to the option Wipe Data/Factory Reset and confirm it. Then, go to advanced and select Wipe Dalvik Cache.
- Now, proceed to the Install zip from sdcard option. Then, select the Choose zip from sdcard option and locate the rom you transferred to your sd card.
- Repeat the previous step with Google Apps package and install them in the same way.
- When you are done with both the files, reboot using he Reboot Now option in the recovery.
Enjoy the PacMan rom on your phone! Share this with your friends who own a Note II. Have a nice time.