Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus was recently covered on our blog- with rooting and clockworkmod recovery installation guides. This guide continues our efforts to help you get a better Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus. In case, you have missed the previous articles, here they are:
- Rooting guide for Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus
- Installing clockworkmod recovery on Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus
It must be noted that unless your phone has received an official update to jelly bean, then you must have performed both the operations linked in the aforesaid guides.
Before you Proceed:
- Charge your phone up to satisfactory levels. Just to make sure that your phone doesn’t die down during the process.
- We won’t be the ones to blame in case this guide causes any trouble on your phone.
Let’s proceed to the update guide. The below method is unofficial one.
Update Guide: Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus GT-S7500
- Download the Android 4.2.1 based Rom for your Galaxy Ace Plus.
- Transfer the zip file to your device’s sd card.
- Switch off your phone.
- To proceed to recovery, press and hold “Volume Down + Home + Power” button simultaneously on your device till you see the clockworkmod recovery screen.
- Take a backup of your current Rom by proceeding to the “Backup and Restore” option.
- Select the “Wipe Cache” option.
- Go to the “Advanced option”and select the “Wipe dalvik cache” option. This step and the previous one were performed to avoid bootloops when you install new Rom.
- Finally, proceed to the “Install zip from sd card” option and locate the Android 4.2.1 Rom you downloaded in step 1.
- Let the flashing stuff complete. Reboot your phone and enjoy some jelly bean sweetness.
As you might have heard before, Jelly Bean update for Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus is being rolled out in some countries. If you luckily happen to be a citizen of any of those countries, use the small guide below to install the official update.
- Make sure that your phoe is connect to internet, prefereably through WifI as you would need to download large files.
- Go to Settings > About Phone > Software Update and check if any update is available. If the update is available, download it. Once the download of the update completes, it will automatically get installed.
In case you are in doubt over any of the steps involved, send your message via the comments box and we shall try to help you out in every way we can.