Tumblr is one of the most well-known microblogging platforms worldwide. Started back in 2007, Tumblr (1) has achieved its spot of serving as a platform for socially progressive opinionated users.
Tumblr hosts more than 465 million blogs and over 172 billion posts in all, as of May 2019 (2). In December 2018 (3), Tumblr introduced a new feature called the Tumblr Safe Mode to filter out the sensitive content from a users’ dashboard and search results.
The Safe Mode option is enabled by default, particularly for users using an Android or iOS Tumblr app. However, if you want to turn off the Tumblr Safe Mode to view explicit content, here’s how you can turn off safe mode Tumblr.
Note: If you’re 18 years or below, it is recommended to keep the Safe Mode turned on to filter out explicit and sensitive content.
How to Turn off Safe Mode on Tumblr?
There is no one way to turn Tumblr Safe Mode off on all devices. Here we have discussed the means of turning Tumblr safe Mode off on the desktop, Android, and iOS. Moreover, read more about how to turn off safe mode on Tumblr without creating an account.
Steps to Turn off Tumblr Safe Mode – Desktop
- Sign in to your Tumblr (4) account
- Click on the Account icon on the top-right corner
- Select Settings from the drop-down list
- Scroll to find the Filtering section
- Click on the switch next to Safe Mode
- The Tumblr Safe Mode has been turned off
You’re all set to access explicit content on your dashboard from your Tumblr profile.
Steps to Turn Tumblr Safe Mode off – iOS
- Go to your iPhone’s or iPad’s account settings
- Scroll down and click on Tumblr app
- You’ll find the Tumblr Settings option at the end
- Tap on the Safe Mode option under Tumblr Settings
- You’ll see three options pop on your screen
- Select ‘Don’t hide anything’ option
- The Tumblr Safe Mode has been turned off
Congratulations! The Tumblr Safe Mode has been turned off. Now you have access to all NSFW content once you relaunch your Tumblr app.
Steps to Turn off Tumblr Safe Mode – Android
- Launch the Tumblr app on your Android phone/tablet
- Tap on the Account icon on the app at the bottom right corner
- Your profile will open on the screen
- Tap on the Gear/Settings icon at the top right corner
- Select the General Settings option
- Scroll to find Filtering option, click on it
- Toggle the switch to turn the Safe Mode off
Now, since the Safe Mode has been turned off, you are all set to view not safe for work content on your phones and tablets instantly.
How to Turn Tumblr Safe Mode off Without Account?
There are times when you have to view that one particular thing on a website due to urgent reasons. Is it the same case with you? Do you want to see some NSFW content on Tumblr without going through the hassle of creating an account?
The solution that I am going to provide you with allows you to view restricted content viewed on turning Tumblr Safe Mode off without account.
The Tumblr alternative allows you to view overall content available on Tumblr, without any restrictions. What’s even better? GramUnion (5) enables you to filter the posts to be seen according to their file type- image, audio, video, text, etc.
The Tumblr alternative known for its minimalistic design allows you to view restricted and unrestricted content. At Tumbex (6), you can type in whatever you’re looking for on Tumblr to see instant, unfiltered results. Additionally, you can also review the quality of the image that you want to see, i.e., in SD, HD, or MD.
Pillowfort (7) enables easy access to Tumblr content for its users. The platform charges a small charge for its services of offering exclusive premium access to Tumblr for its users. Pillowfort is usually regarded as one of the most trusted Tumblr alternative sites with high amounts of website traffic.
With Mastodon (8), you can view NSFW content from Tumblr or as a matter of fact, from multiple other social network platforms, under one roof. Mastodon comes with its anti-abuse tools that protect the users browsing on its site.
I hope we were able to assist you through the ways of turning off safe mode on Tumblr explained in this article. Along with that, we’ve specified some of the most excellent alternative Tumblr websites that allow you to access restricted data on Tumblr, without making an account on the same.