Spotify is one of the leading music platform used by users globally. The platform, owned by Spotify Technology SA, was founded in 2006 and provides DRM-protected music, videos, & podcasts from record labels & media companies. The Spotify (1) platform has access to over 50 million music tracks, which can be listened to by users from their accounts on a device of their choice.
Not only can a user listen to his playlist on usual devices like phone and tablets, but can also access his account on laptops and computers, making listening to music more convenient. However, sometimes, you want to utilize the application when you feel like and not whenever it pops open in front of your eyes.
In this article, we’ll be discussing how you can stop Spotify from opening on startup of a device. Every person holds different preferences, and if you’re one of the people who want their screen to be clear at the start of the day, you’re on the right page.
How to Stop Spotify From Opening on Startup
Follow the steps given below to stop automatic startup of Spotify on your Windows (4) computer or laptop,
1. Open the Spotify app on your PC
2. Click on the arrow located beside your account name
3. Go to Settings
4. Scroll down below until you see Show Advanced Settings
5. You’ll see a Startup and Window Behaviour section
6. Select No under Open Spotify automatically after you log into the computer
7. You’ve successfully disabled Spotify automatic startup
Alternatively, you can also stop Spotify (5) from opening on startup on Windows through the steps given below,
1. Right-click on the taskbar & click on Taskbar Manager
1. Press Alt+Ctrl+Del and select Task Manager option
2. Click on More details
3. You’ll see multiple tabs on the screen
4. Click on the Startup tab
5. Scroll down to find the Spotify application
6. Right-click on Spotify
7. Select the Disable option
8. You’ve successfully disabled the Spotify app from opening on startup
Here were the simples steps to disable Spotify from opening up automatically on startup. Just follow the steps given above, point by point to disable the music streaming app from automatically opening up in a few clicks. However, disabling the automatic opening of Spotify on Mac can involve a few different steps.
1. Head over to the Spotify app and launch it on your Mac system
2. Click on the three dots in the top-left corner
3. Go to edit
4. Select the Preferences option
5. Scroll down the screen until you see the Show Advanced Settings option
6. Click on the Show Advanced Settings option
7. Keep scrolling further
8. Find the Startup and Windows Behaviour section
9. Select the No option from the drop-down list
10. You’re Spotify has been successfully disabled and would not start on starting up automatically
Alternatively, you can also try this method of disabling the automatic startup of Spotify on your Mac PC,
1. Launch the System Preferences option on your Mac system
2. You’ll see the Users & Groups option in the list
2. Find the Users & Groups option by searching it
3. Click on it
4. Select the Login Items option
5. At the bottom of the box, you’ll see a + sign
6. Click on it
7. Head over to the Applications option
8. Find the Spotify app & select it
9. Click on Add
10. Spotify will now be displayed in the Login Items list
11. Check the Hide box
Now, you’ve successfully disabled the opening up of the Spotify app on starting the system. The Spotify app will not be visible whenever you open your system now onwards.
Here, these were the overall four options that you can use to disable the Spotify app from opening-up on startup. Spotify is one of the leading music streaming service worldwide and successfully marked place, despite holding a high competition with giants like Apple Music (6), YouTube Music, etc. We hope we were able to guide you well on how to stop Spotify from opening on startup.