Reliance Jio Infocomm Limited is an Indian telecommunication company that operates under Reliance Industries with its headquarters in Mumbai, Maharashtra. The company has more than 355.2 million users across the country, and they are a part of the Jio family either through their phone numbers or because of the router box known as JioFi.
Jio launched a preview offer where they were offering unlimited internet, unlimited HD voice calls, etc. but in 2017, Jio launched its JioFi router that allowed users to enjoy the preview offer. Initially, it was launched for Rs. 2899 but with changes in the models, the prices have gone down for the product. If you are a JioFi user, let’s take a look at the steps you have to follow to set up your JioFi.
Buy JioFi on Amazon:
How to setup JioFi
The JioFi will come with a Jio SIM card, and you need to make sure that the SIM is active and inserted. These are the steps you need to follow to setup JioFi:
1. Remove the back cover of the JioFi and insert Jio SIM in the SIM tray.
2. Once you insert the SIM card, put the battery and close back cover and enter the SD card at the same time.
3. Note down the SSID and password (PWD) from the SIM as it will be needed to be connected to devices and hotspots.
4. Charge the device if it’s not charged, and ensure the battery to be over 50% while using. Press button on top for a few seconds, and you’ll notice four icons light up on the router.
5. Activating the Jio SIM card can be done in two ways. These are:
- Call 1800-890-1977 from any number, and data services for JioFi will start.
- Put SIM in any VoLTE phone and call 1977 for data+voice services.
6. Now using a laptop, or mobile, look for SSID and password, which you noted earlier and connect it with WiFi. If the SIM is active, you’ll get the services.
How to change the JioFi password?
The password for the JioFi router can be changed using the JioFi Routers administration panel. The default login name and password are administrator and administrator, which can be changed as well.
Click on “Settings” and go to the “WiFi Configuration” option. Here you can enter a new password and click “Save,” and now you can log in using the new password.