Created by a Swedish developer Markus Persson and released by Mojang in 2011, Minecraft is a video game platform that opens a free world for users. This free world allows users to collect raw materials, build structures, craft tools, and, depending on the game mode, will enable users to fight with other players within the same world.
Microsoft purchased the platform in 2014, and it is considered as one of the best-selling video game of all time. With over 180 million copies sold across all the gaming platforms by 2019, and with 112 million monthly active users, Minecraft has formed a community online. The game has a blocky, pixelated, procedurally-generated 3D world that allows the players to do various things in the game. It has been one of the most popular games in the year 2019 as it was launched on several platforms like iOS and Android, along with PlayStations and Xbox and PCs. One of the most important things for the game is collecting raw materials to make paper in Minecraft.
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to make paper in Minecraft
Paper is among essential materials in the game, and crafting it is a tough task, but it is worth the effort. Paper can be used to make more creative items in the Minecraft world like maps, books, fireworks, etc.
You can obtain paper by opening chests that are present in strongholds, or you could collect the right materials which combined would form paper. Paper can be created by using sugarcanes as the ingredient, and with the help of a crafting table, a player can craft paper in the games.
The steps to craft paper are:
1. Open the crafting menu in the game where you will find a 3×3 crafting grid
2. Sugarcane is the ingredient for crafting paper. Minimum 3 sugarcanes are needed to craft paper, and arrangement also matters. This is the pattern:
- Row 1: empty, empty, empty
- Row 2: sugarcane, sugarcane, sugarcane
- Row 3: empty, empty, empty
3. Once the arrangement is made in the grid, the paper will appear as a result of the combination, and it produces three pieces of paper. Move the paper into player inventory.
Things that can be made using paper
- Locator map
- Banner pattern