The Indian Government launched the Aadhar Card as a single document that ould be used as address proof to show a person’s residency in the country. With the introduction of the Aadhaar Card, the Indian Government also made it compulsory for every user to link their mobile numbers with the card. This step was taken by the Government to prevent the registration of new networks on fake identity cards.
Linking Aadhaar card was an important step taken by the companies as it would help them disconnect all the fake numbers easily. In case, you have not connected your Aadhar Card to your Airtel Mobile Number, and you can do it in the following ways:
- through OTP (One Time Pin)
- By visiting the Airtel Store
- With the help of
How to link Aadhaar with airtel phone number online
The process of linking mobile number with Aadhaar has been made easier with and it can be done by following these steps:
- First, make a toll-free call number “14546.”
- Next, choose whether you are an Indian or an NRI.
- Then press “1” and give the platform the permission to re-verify the mobile number.
- Enter Aadhaar number and confirm it by pressing “1.”
- An OTP will be sent to you on the mobile number
- Allow the operator to pick up the rest information from UIDAI.
- Last four digits of the mobile number will be read out by IVR
- If it’s correct, enter the OTP received on the number
- Press 1 to complete the verification process.
How to link Aadhaar with Airtel store
If you find the first step complicated, then you can visit an Airtel store and get it checked. To connect the Aadhaar card offline, follow these steps:
- A customer has to visit a nearby airtel store
- Airtel customers are asked to carry a self-attested copy of their Aadhaar card.
- Provide information like users mobile number
- Then you receive an OTP on the number
- Submit biometric on like i.e., thumb impression.
- Once this is over, the user will get a confirmation message in 24 hours
- Once this is done, reply with ‘Y’ to complete the process.
How to link Aadhaar to a mobile number through IVR
IVR stands for Interactive Voice Response, and these are the steps that a user can follow to link their Aadhaar card:
- Call toll-free number “14546” and follow instructions.
- Then enter the 12 digit Aadhaar number.
- Confirm the request
- The request will be accepted, and a confirmation message will be sent on successful verification.