Clockworkmod recovery, one of the most popular stock recovery replacement, can now be installed on Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus GT-S7500. It is to be noted that installation of clockworkmod recovery is a pre-requisite for rooting your phone. So, if you are looking for ways to root your Galaxy Ace Plus, make sure that you have clockworkmod recovery first.
Having clockworkmod recovery on your phone will allow you to have full device backups, which can be restored anytime. Another nifty feature available is to install unsigned zip files, which further allows you to install custom roms and mods.
Guide to install clockworkmod recovery on Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus
- Enable USB debugging on your phone. Supposing that your phone is on gingerbread, you can do this by navigating to Settings > Applications > Development.
- Install drivers for your phone using pdanet.
- Download clockworkmod recovery.
- Download Odin for your phone. Odin is a tool specifically used for Samsung phones to flash files on the Android devices.
- Extract the Odin zip file in any folder on your pc. Right click on the Odin executable file and select run as administrator.
- In the Odin window, click the PDA button and locate the recovery file you downloaded in step 3.
- Switch off your phone. Press and hold “Volume down + POWER + Home button” simultaneously till a warning message appears on your phone. Press column me up key to bypass the message and to proceed to the download mode.
- In Odin, press the Start button. Odin will start looking for your device.
- While your phone is still in the download mode, connect it to the pc using USB Cable.
- Flashing of the recovery file will complete after a short while.
You’re done with flashing clockworkmod recovery on your phone. That means that you can now proceed with gaining root access on your device, as well as flashing roms and other zip files. Once you are bored of gingerbread, you can also consider upgrading your phone to the latest jelly bean Rom available for your phone.