Google introduced its Gmail service back in 2004 and has grown to be one of the most prominent email services across the globe. According to statistics, Gmail holds around 27.8% of the global email client market share, coming in close competition with Apple iPhone email at 32% in 2019.
Gmail can be used to access its mail services as well as to gain access to other apps & services too. Here’s how you can create or set up a Gmail account.
How to create Gmail Account or do a Gmail Signup?
There are two ways in which you can create a Gmail account or perform a Gmail signup.
1st Method to Gmail create account:
- Go to google’s home page www.google.com by clicking here.
- On the screen, you’ll see the ‘Gmail’ option on the top right side of the page.
- Click on the Gmail option
- You’ll be redirected to the Gmail page.
2nd Method to signup & use Gmail inbox:
- Enter the URL for Gmail, i.e., gmail.com, on the web browser address bar, or click here.
- You’ll be redirected to the Gmail page directly.
After being redirected to the Gmail page, follow these steps to do a Gmail sign up.
- Click on ‘create account’
- A drop-down list will appear showing options ‘for myself’ & ‘to manage my business’
- Select if you want to create a Gmail account for yourself or your business
- Now fill in the required details like name, birthday, password, etc. for the Gmail signup
- Sometimes the username which you selected will be taken by others; in that case, you need to enter the other username which should be unique
- After completing the Gmail sign up registration, you might be asked about your personal phone number, personal questions, etc. for protecting your email account from being hacked
- And there you go! Once you fill out all the details, you’re ready with your brand new Gmail account
- Now you can use your Gmail inbox to send, receive & create emails.
Note: Sometimes, when a PC uses other Gmail accounts, it opens up a tab showing ‘Choose an Account‘ with a list of previously logged in Gmail accounts on the PC. In such a case, select ‘use another account’ option to create a Gmail account.
How to use Gmail Sign in or Gmail Login?
Once you create an account on Gmail, you’re ready to use it to send and receive emails. But, how do you login to Gmail after creating your account?
Follow these steps for Gmail account login:
- Open Gmail
- Under the ‘Choose an Account’, a tab showing a list of previously login to Gmail accounts on the PC would show
- To make a Gmail login different user, click ‘use another account’
- Gmail login page will open
- Enter your email id & click next
- Enter your password & click next
- Here, your Gmail login is successful!
And you’re done! Now you know how to make use of Gmail create account, login to Gmail & have full access to your Gmail inbox.