Google provides its users various services which also includes the mail service. The mail for Google has been called gmail and nowadays gmail has become the most popular mail service. One must have a gmail account in order to access the mail services and also other services too. So, let’s have a look upon creating the gmail account.
How to create or set up gmail account :
The first way to get into the setup page of google is through its home page google. com. Once you are in the home page you can see the ‘gmail’ option on the top right side of the page. By clicking on the ‘gmail’ option you will be redirected to the gmail page.
The second way is to type the gmail.com url in the web browser page and you will get into the gmail page directly. Now you can see ‘create account’ on the bottom of the page and upon clicking on it you will get a registration page for gmail.
Now you have to fill up the registration page where you will be asked
few questions like first name, last name, username, date of birth etc.,
and you have to fill in the details. Sometimes the username which you
selected will be taken by others; in that case you need to enter the
other username which should be unique. Then your account will be
activated and sometimes you will be asked phone numbers, personal
questions etc., for security reasons.
Once the process is done you will get access to the mail page where you can send, receive and save the messages.
Process for composing the message or mail
- In the left hand side you can see various options like compose, inbox, sent mail etc. Now, click on the compose button and you can now send the message to whoever you want(the recipient should have a valid mail id).
- Type the valid id in the ‘To’ field, and also the subject of the mail in the subject field and write the message in the text box provided below. After composing the message you van either send it to the recipient or you can just save it in the drafts by clicking on the save button.
- Also you can attach, images, files, etc., along with the text messages by clicking on the attach files button.
Features of gmail
- The login for gmail also works for various google services like google plus, google adsense, google search page etc. You can also look into your browsing history using the same mail id and password in google. Com/history. There will be an option to turn on your web browser history and you can also turn it off.
- Google docs can also be accessed with the same id and password where you can save the files on cloud and you can get backup.
- Youtube account also gets connected with the samil gmail id and password where you can log into the youtube and upload the videos.
Overall, google is providing the best service for all of its users and most importantly its getting updated day to day accordingly for user benefits and satisfaction.